Whereas stress is something that will come and go depending on your life situation and experiences, anxiety is something that can feel ever-present, even when the cause is not clear.
Anxiety for some is the feeling of unease, for others it feels like fear or never-ending worry. Sometimes this worry might relate to one specific thing in our life, sometimes it feels truly global and seems to extend into all areas of life and living.
It’s clear that anxiety comes in all shapes and sizes and effects different people in different ways. It’s also a very natural and healthy response to danger, however, if there is no danger, than there is a need for this natural mechanism to be reset. Hypnotherapy and EFT are both highly effective tools that will soothe and resolve anxiety.
What causes anxiety?
- Your current life situation (work, relationship, pressure at school or university)
- Prolonged stress
- Past or childhood experiences
- Loss of a loved one and unresolved grief
- Feeling lonely or isolated
- Not feeling connected to community
- Physical health problems or chronic illness
- Medical diagnosis
- Old belief patterns (“I’m not good enough”, “I’m not loveable”, “people will hurt me”, “the world isn’t a safe place”)
What are the symptoms of anxiety?
Anxiety feels different to everyone, but here are some examples
- Feeling watchful and weary of others
- Feeling restless and unable to relax
- Ruminating and catastrophising (anticipating the very worst)
- Physical pain i.e headaches, chest pain or tightness
- Feeling nauseous or dizzy
- Difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep
- Noticing a fast or irregular heartbeat
- Hyperventilating and panic attacks
- Tight jaw and teeth-grinding
How does hypnotherapy help anxiety?
Hypnotherapy uses guided relaxation and focused attention to create a trance like state which supports the individual to create a new pattern of thinking on an unconscious level in the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is the part of the brain that controls the majority of our behaviour and experience. It’s also the part of the mind that is in charge of the beliefs and our emotional responses. By connecting with the subconscious mind to instil a preferred way of thinking we effectively re-programme our thoughts and behavioural responses.
It uses breathing techniques that support the body to move from an active state to a relaxed state. Breathing out for longer soothes our nervous system and lets our brain know that it is safe to relax. For anyone experiencing anxiety this feels like a wonderful relief.
Hypnotherapy supports an individual to replace old unconscious patterns and responses to triggers which activate anxiety with more helpful ways of thinking. This alone can reduce anxiety and stress and ensure that the old pattern no longer dominates.
Different techniques can also be used to resolve any traumatic memories or experiences that might be the foundation for the anxiety in a safe and gentle way.
How hypnotherapy for anxiety works
Although I support every individual differently and based on their needs, this is usually the way I support someone I work with:
- The individual enjoys being in a relaxed and comfortable state
- Through being in a trance state which is also known as the optimal learning state, the subconscious mind becomes open to change. Different hypnotic techniques may be used to support resolving the root of anxiety or instilling a preferred state of being when faced with old triggers.
- Support them to visualise and enjoy a multi-sensory experience of their future now that their subconscious mind ‘thinks’ differently’.
- When in trance individuals are reminded of other personal strengths and inner resources that are transferrable and can support them in other areas of their life. This enables them to positively adapt their behaviour and way of thinking.
“I came to Hannah with quite a unique fear and after explaining it to her she quickly came up with techniques that were best suited to help me and my situation. I am now much more confident and am really pleased with the progress I’ve made since starting with Hannah. She is a lovely, caring lady and very good at what she does so I’m glad to have found her website.”
“I initially contacted Hannah as I was due to perform on stage and was having overwhelming anxiety issues. Upon meeting Hannah, I immediately felt at ease. I was able to relax and open up with her (this is most unusual for me!). A combination of EFT and Hannah’s soothing hypnotic voice, enabled me to undertake a healing journey, not only to address my anxiety, but also to uncover and heal any other issues that arose. I felt supported and safe throughout the whole process. Hannah is very reasonably priced and highly professional. I cannot recommend her enough.
This woman helped to change my life for the better!”
Want to talk or find out more about how I can support you to soothe and resolve anxiety?
Contact me on 07769680518 or email me Hannah@handholdinghuman.com